Thursday, May 26, 2011

Blessed be Your name.

THEY APPROVED OUR REQUEST!!! 

The insurance company is going to pay 100% of the cost of the Follistim! I can hardly believe it. I cried when the pharmacy called to tell me. I just couldn't believe what they were saying. I asked her to repeat it just to make sure! haha Now, they only approved one cycle and we'll have to file again when if we need another...but still! I'll begin the injections on day 3 of my cycle and will go back for an ultrasound on day 7 to make sure everything is ok. At that point, I think they'll have me come in every morning to monitor my progress. With any luck, we'll get a whole bunch of follicles and be able to do a set of IUIs sometime in the next two weeks.

From what I've read, the chances of pregnancy nearly double with this medication...but the risk of twins (or more) is about 30%. That makes me a little nervous, but it's a risk we're willing to take. More to love, right? :-) Though I'm nowhere near positive that my 5'1'' frame could support more than one child at a time. eeek! But I can't get ahead of myself, we just need to get through these injections and see what happens. Walk by faith, right?


"You give and take away,
My heart will choose to say, 
Lord blessed be Your name."

No comments:

Post a Comment